Follow These Tips When Fire or Smoke Damage Has Affected Your Home or Business
Fire, Smoke or Soot Damage can be overwhelming, dangerous and devastating. While waiting on SERVPRO of Macon to arrive, follow these tips until help arrives.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic area and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood block between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Do not shampoo any carpet or upholstery
- Do not clean any electrical equipment
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaning since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
- Do not attempt to clean smoke-damaged surfaces or contents yourself
- Try to take inventory of belongings that may have been damage
Not every fire, smoke or soot claim is the same. However, SERVPRO of Macon professionals are Here To Help get you and your family or busines “Like it never even happened.”
For more information contact us anytime at 478-474-6700!