What actions to take for your business after a flood
Flood damage to your business is just as bad as flooding in your home. Your business or place of work is your livelihood. Below are some tips and actions to take after a flood.
- Establishing an evacuation plan ahead of time saves time and lives. Each employee should have some common knowledge of the evacuation plan. A quarterly or at minimum yearly class or meeting should be conducted. Account for all employees. Identity an area outside of the buildings perimeter that are designated meeting places. Have your managers from each department keep a list of their assigned team member’s with contact information listed. This should keep down confusion and easier to keep up with.
- If water enters the building or facility and an evacuation becomes necessary, move to an upper floor, contact your local first responders for help.
- If possible, avoid walking or driving through rising water. Just a few inches of water can make you fall.
- Do not touch electrical equipment
- Outside water can cause water to back up into water mains or sewage lines. Flood waters can bring in contaminated water from outside creeks or rivers. This could potentially be hazardous to your health
- Stay out of the building
- Secure the property by contacting your local first responders, secure all entrances and contact your security company to advise of the situation.
Once the water has receded, water mitigation steps can begin. SERVPRO of Macon technicians are highly trained and certified. We have the experience and have professional equipment to handle a large commercial loss at any time- 24 hours a day. Getting to your loss quickly to mitigate the damage will reduce possible further damage such as mold or mildew. No job is too large- We are trained to handle any size disaster!
Flooding can be unpredictable- however SERVPRO of Macon is always prepared!