Water and Mold Damage after a fire?
Fire damage is caused by the actually fire. This can include damage to the structure of the property. Often materials are melted and can ignite other materials with this type of damage.
Fire damage can also cause different toxins to react causing explosions or they can act as accelerant spreading the flames and causing additional damage.
Water damage is always present with fire damage because the flames have to be extinguished. Often the damage caused by the sprinklers in a building is much more significant than the initial fire damage.
Soot from a fire can be found in every room of a house that has been badly burned, even those rooms that were not burnt. Often homeowner's belongings, furniture, clothes in drawers, important documents, paintings, and more are completely covered in charcoal black soot. Some items are not salvageable and the items that are have to be properly cleaned or the soot can permanently destroy them.
After experiencing a house fire the water damage has to be professionally handled, because when it is not properly dried mold can grow. Mold is a toxin that can cause numerous potential health problems for those living in the property. It is important to make sure the water damage is taken care of by professionals like those at SERVPRO of Macon.